Whole Disk Encryption Software
High-performance full disk encryption for laptops, desktops, and servers
If a computer data storage device is stolen, how completely certain can you be that all of the sensitive data was encrypted at the time of the theft unless all hard disks are encrypted with full disk encryption?
PGP Whole Disk Encryption from Symantec provides organizations with comprehensive, high performance full disk encryption for all data (user files, swap files, system files, hidden files, etc.) on desktops, laptops, and removable media. This full disk encryption software protects data from unauthorized access, providing strong security for intellectual property, customer and partner data. Protected systems can be centrally managed by PGP Universal Server simplifying deployment, policy creation and distribution and reporting. (datasheet).
Comprehensive disk encryption
Protecting sensitive data, intellectual property, personal identifiable information (PII) and personal health information (PHI) on laptops, desktops, and removable devices from theft or loss is critical for enterprises and the public sector. Exposure of sensitive data can result in lost intellectual property, fines, legal penalties, and damage to reputation and brand. PGP™ Whole Disk Encryption from Symantec™ provides organizations with comprehensive, multi-platform, and high-performance full disk encryption for all data (user files, swap files, system files, hidden files, and more) on desktops, laptops, and servers. The encrypted data is protected from unauthorized access, providing strong security for intellectual property, customer data, partner data, and brand.
- Comprehensive multi-platform coverage – PGP Whole Disk Encryption software provides consistent protection across enterprise desktops and servers.
- Rapid deployment – Deploys full disk encryption with little user disruption and with options for silent installation.
- Part of a long term enterprise security strategy – Whole disk encryption adds protection to email, file and folder with the same client. Supports integration with partner technology from Guidance Software and Intel, among others.
- High performance – Utilize AES-NI hardware in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems for greater performance.
- Centralized management–Automatic, centralized policy enforcement with single web-based management console for all clients.
- Easy passphrase and machine recovery–Local self-recovery, one-time-use token and other recovery options.
- Built PGP strong–High performance, optimized, and strong encryption, built with PGP Hybrid Cryptographic Optimizer (HCO) technology. FIPS 140-2 validated, CAPS-approved, DIPCOG-approved, CC EAL 4+ certification.
- User-friendly–Background encryption with throttle capabilities. Fewer passwords to remember with support for Windows single sign-on.